Monday, October 27, 2014

Landscape Pre and Post Test


I posted about my fall landscape project that I did with my 4th grade.  To start this project, I wanted to do a pre-test.  I hate the word TEST though.  I asked the kids to, 'show me what they know' before we started the lesson.  We took notes on how to create a pumpkin, and tree.  They also discussed the characteristics of foreground, middle ground and background. 


The project was intended to support these skills discussed.  Some classes had to move forward a bit faster than others because of missed days.  I found that those classes had less growth in their landscape pre and post test. 


None the less... I could have taken 90% of the turned in pre and post test and identify great growth in the skills of my students.  I sent home this packet at the same time as their projects.  I encouraged each kiddo to go over this with their parents when they celebrated their finished product.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this project is a great idea, a very useful way to concrete the basics of perspective. I admire your work and professionality.
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete